NURSERY CLASSES IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS
ADMISSION TO THE NURSERY CLASS at St Anthony's Catholic Primary School will be on a full time basis and made by the Governing Body in accordance with the stated parental preference, subject to the following set of ADMISSION CRITERIA forming a priority order where there are more applications for admission than the Nursery has places available:
1. Admission to the Nursery Classes does not necessarily secure admission to the Primary School.
2. A Looked After Child is a child who is (a) in the care of a Local Authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a Local Authority in the exercise of their Social Services functions (under Section 22 (i) of the Children Act 1989). A previously Looked After Child is one who immediately moved on from that status after becoming subject to an adoption, residence or special guardianship order.
3. The Governing Body reserve the right to admit children with proven and exceptional medical and social needs where admission to the Nursery Class may best help satisfy those exceptional needs, providing that such an application is submitted with appropriate evidence or reports from a doctor or social worker. If the school is named in a statement of special educational needs the Governing Body has a duty to admit the child to the school. Where applications are received from Catholic and other children in public care they will respectively be admitted to the Nursery class in that priority order and in advance of the outlined order of criteria.
4. All Catholic applicants will be required to produce Baptismal Certificates.
5. The Governing Body reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a school place where false evidence is received in relation to baptism, sibling connections or place of residence.